Title IX training was provided courtesy of Thompson Coburn LLP
The six online training modules total nearly eight hours of instruction, and include detailed discussions of the new law, as well as guidance and practical advice from a former deputy general counsel, a seasoned investigator and a retired judge.
- Module 1 – An Introduction to Managing Title IX Sexual Harassment on Campus: Starting with a background and history of Title IX, the module details key definitions, elements of a sufficient response to “Title IX sexual harassment,” interim and supportive measures and recordkeeping requirements.View Training
- Module 2 – Formal Complaints of Title IX Sexual Harassment: The module details the ten core requirements for a formal complaint process and explains the requirements regarding dismissals and consolidation of complaints.View Training
- Module 3 – Title IX Investigations & Informal Resolutions: The module explores key concepts, notice requirements, confidentiality, evidence, serving impartially, issues of relevance, interviews, credibility determinations, collection and review of documentation and writing investigative reports. The module also explains the regulation’s requirements regarding informal resolutions.View Training
- Module 4 – Title IX Hearings: The module delves into key concepts, the live hearing requirement, advisors, managing cross-examination, relevance, credibility, burden of proof, evidence and legal privileges.View Training
- Module 5 – Title IX Determinations: The module covers key concepts, the format and content of determinations, organizing facts and thoughts, excluding facts in evidence, weighing facts under applicable evidentiary standards, types of evidence, effective deliberations and writing a defensible determination.View Training
- Module 6 – Title IX Appeals: The module details key concepts, bases for appeal, drafting appeal decisions and requirements for appeal officers.View Training