Are you looking for the perfect gift for the auto enthusiast in your family? Since wrapping a new transmission, set of tires, or engine and placing it under the tree is a bit impractical, here are 10 great ideas for auto-related stocking stuffers for the auto enthusiast, or even the everyday driver, this holiday season.
1. Ice scraper: Most people have had the same old—and probably ineffective—ice scraper for years, so this a great opportunity to give a new, more effective one.
2. Digital tire pressure gauge: It’s the 21st century, so why not upgrade your auto enthusiast to a digital tire gauge that’s easy to use and accurate?
3. Car air fresheners: This gift idea may seem a little lame, but think about it: How often does anyone go to the store just to buy car air fresheners? The few times that people do buy them, they’re a spontaneous, impulse buy. So purposefully giving car air fresheners can be a thoughtful and helpful stocking stuffer.
4. Phone holder: Phone holders generally are inexpensive and easy to install, plus they’re handy and can keep a smartphone from sliding between the seat and the center console.
5. Spill-proof travel mug: Is a member of your family always spilling their coffee during their morning commute? A spill-proof coffee mug will solve this problem and also save their car interior from stains.
6. Headlight defogger kit: Over time, headlights fog up easily and can become tinted yellow, decreasing the quality of light for night driving. A defogger kit can quickly restore headlights so they look new again.
7. Car trash can: Does a member of your family have a terrible habit of leaving trash in their car and never picking it up? Get them a car trash can, and after about a week, I’m sure you’ll notice a difference.
8. Dashboard duster: Who really takes the time—or really has the time—to clean their dashboard? However, if you give the gift of a dashboard duster this holiday season, you’ll absolutely see it put to good use, and all of your family’s vehicles will have clean dashboards.
9. Funnel set: Every do-it-yourself auto enthusiast cycles through funnels quickly. Funnel sets these days come in both simple and advanced forms, depending on what’s needed to complete certain repairs. A new funnel set is thoughtful and can go a long way for self-repairers.
10. Gift certificates: If you’re torn between gifts or just can’t seem to find the right one for the auto lover in your family, gift certificates are always a winner. That way, you can make sure the recipient picks out something he or she needs and will put to good use.
If you’re looking for gifts for car lovers, these small auto stocking stuffers can make a big impression this holiday season.
If you’re looking for more gift ideas for the holidays, you can download our free e-book The Car Lover’s Guide to Automotive Pearl Paint.