Bensalem Auto Technician School
Are you ready to get your hands-on training experience at an auto technician school near Bensalem, PA? You’ll receive that hands-on experience at Automotive Training Center, where you’ll train on vehicles, components, and assemblies, while also receiving the requisite knowledge in the classroom.
ATC is also an official training school of the Auto Dealers Association of Greater Philadelphia (ADAGP). What does that mean for you? Thanks to our relationship with the ADAGP, it means you have access to 190 new car and truck franchises in the Philadelphia area, giving you a head start on your job search after graduation.
Turn a Passion into a Career
Those who are intrigued by a career in the automotive, collision, diesel, hi-performance, or marine industry will be able to develop the necessary skills employers look for in job candidates. All courses at ATC are taught by ASE-certified instructors, committed to your success as a technician.
The modern shop facilities at our Exton and Warminster campuses will allow you to practice diagnosing, servicing, and repairing vehicles if you’re enrolled in the Automotive Technology program. The Marine Service Technology program, meanwhile, will give you real-world experience working on boats, their engines, and how to repair them.
Even if you currently have a job to go to each day, ATC can still be a realistic option. We offer nighttime classes, so if you need flexibility, we’re able to provide it.
Learn from Experienced Instructors
The good news for you is that you’ll be learning from technicians who have been successful in the industry prior to joining the Automotive Training Center. They all have a minimum of three years of field experience. However, the average field experience for ATC instructors exceeds 20 years. Most of the instructors are Master Certified ASE Technicians.
Financial aid is also available to students who qualify. Those who are applying are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), where eligibility may be determined. Our helpful student resources can be a great way to get started, too. See our video, “A Day In the Life,” to learn more about ATC and what the day to day looks like, and meet some of our instructors, too.
Our Automotive Technology Program
Graduates of the Automotive Technology program are able to provide technical knowledge to dealerships, service centers, and general repair shops.
In this program, students will learn about:
- Brakes: Operation, diagnosis, and maintenance of brakes will be taught in this course. Review basic shop safety, proper use of tools, and types of lubricants along with service bay procedures. All-wheel and 4-wheel drive systems will be covered.
- Engine Repair: These courses focus on practical shop experience in disassembly, precise measurement, cleaning, checking, reassembly, and adjustment of major engine components and subsystems. Emphasis is placed on overhaul and reassembly of shop engines, along with in-vehicle servicing.
- Suspension & Steering: Learn operation, design, diagnosis, and service of modern suspension and steering systems. Utilize technology like Hawk-Eye Elite™ alignment digital imaging.
- Air Conditioning & Heating: Fundamentals of heating and refrigeration as applied to climate control systems. Repair and service compressors, magnetic clutches, evaporators, and electronic climate controls.
- Engine Performance: Complete diagnosis and repair of engine drivability problems and emission control systems using the latest test equipment and the chassis dynamometer.
The Hi-Performance program includes the courses above and adds on:
- Machine Shop
- Advanced Machine Shop & Engine Rebuilding
Diagnose, recondition, and prep for assembly of major engine components, and test vehicles using the Mustang Chassis Dynamometer.
Automotive and Diesel Technology Program
The Diesel program at ATC will cover the basics of these powerful engines, how to service them, and what makes them unique.
In the Diesel Engines course, students will learn:
- Theory of operation
- Service and repair of diesel engines
- Disassembly, reassembly, and overhaul of diesel engines
- Practical shop work focused on medium and light truck and automotive engines
Diesel Fuel Systems covers:
- Study of diesel fuel delivery systems and components
- Introduction to electronic engine controls
- Electronic engine diagnostics
- Diesel engine emission and computerized electronic diagnostics
Collision Reconditioning Technology Program
Collision repair technicians are tasked with providing service after a car has been in an accident. Learn all about collision repair in the following courses:
- Welding & Non-Structural Damage Repair
- Surface Preparation
- Structural Damage Repair
- Painting & Refinishing
- Cost Estimating & Damage Repair
From hands-on practice through various welding projects to metal straightening and collision damage repair estimates, this program will ensure you’re ready to become a productive member of the workforce upon graduating.
The marine program covers the technology and products you’ll use in the real world. This includes product familiarization with brands like Mercury Marine, Honda Marine, and Yamaha Outboard along with other manufacturers.
- Marine Electrical and Air Conditioning Systems
- Marine Mechanical Systems
- Marine Engine Performance
About Bensalem PA
If you’re in Bensalem, there’s always something going on. Spend a day at Parx Casino® or Parx Racing®, and try your hand at the slots, table games, or poker tables, then grab dinner at one of the many great dining options right inside Parx.
For those who love the outdoors, Bensalem Township Country Club is a beautiful 18-hole course. Head out to the driving range or stop by the pro shop to get fully geared up for a day on the links. When the day is over, find your favorite new beer at Broken Goblet Brewing, where craft beer comes alive. It’s all right here in Bensalem.
Find Your Career at Automotive Training Center
If you have recently graduated from high school, or are a few years out of school and haven’t quite found a career that you’re passionate about, consider applying to Automotive Training Center. Our dedicated staff looks forward to teaching the future generation of automotive, collision, and marine technicians.
Been in the workforce for a few years, and thinking about a career change? It’s more common than you think. Have you ever considered a career in the automotive industry? Now is the time to explore your options with ATC.
Check Us Out Today
Ready to learn more about Automotive Training Center, an auto technician school near Bensalem? Schedule a campus tour online today. It’s a great way to kick start the application process while getting a feel for our campus. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Auto Technician Schools: