Lancaster Auto Technician School
Are you eager for a hands-on training experience? You’ll get just that at an auto technician school near Lancaster, PA. Automotive Training Center comes to the table with auto career training programs across five fields of study.
With multiple campuses in the region, there are different learning opportunities for those intrigued by a career in the automotive industry. With hands-on training and time in the classroom, you’ll be better prepared for a career in the automotive industry.
Choosing ATC for Your Automotive Center
Our Automotive Technology program can help build the skillset needed to enjoy a career in the automotive industry. Many graduates have been able to make a smooth transition from the classroom to the job market thanks in part to this program. Learning from ASE-certified instructors in our modernized shop facilities, you’ll get to practice diagnosing, servicing, and repairing different vehicles.
If going under the hood of a car sounds like something you’re interested in, but you’d rather not be confined to land, the Marine Service Technology program may be for you. Working on marine engines can open up a different world of opportunity.
For those who love the outdoors, this program can be the key to a different kind of adventure. You’ll even work on some of these engines in their natural setting in the large water tanks at our Warminster campus.
Learn About Our Automotive Technology Program
The objective of the Automotive Technology program is to acquire the technical knowledge and experience to be able to perform the basic automotive service tasks any entry-level automotive technician should be able to perform. You may work in a dealership, service center, or general repair shop upon graduation.
Where does it all begin?
Here are the courses you’ll find in this program:
- Manual Drive Train & Axles: These courses emphasize theory of operation and servicing of manual transmissions, transaxles, clutches and drivelines, drive-shafts, and rear axles. Review basic shop safety and proper use of tools.
- Brakes: Learn about operation, diagnosis, maintenance, service, and repair of all kinds of different braking systems. Vehicle stability and traction control systems reviewed.
- Engine Repair: Master the operation, design, diagnosis, and repair of modern internal combustion engines and fuel, lubricating, and cooling systems. Focus on 2- and 4-stroke designs, pushrod and overhead camshaft and valvetrain configurations.
- Suspension & Steering: Learn about the operation, design, and diagnosis of modern suspension and steering systems.
Hi-Performance Technology Program
The Hi-Performance program includes the courses mentioned above, and adds on:
- Machine Shop: Diagnosis, reconditioning, and preparation for assembly of major engine components, including cylinder heads, camshafts, valve trains, cylinder blocks, and crankshafts.
- Advanced Machine Shop & Engine Rebuilding: Machine Shop continues with additional instruction in advanced engine assembly, blueprinting, measurement, and tuning on the Superflow Powermark engine dynamometer. Utilize the Superflow SF-450 Flowbench and test vehicles using the Mustang Chassis Dynamometer.
Diesel Mechanic School
Specialize in the area of diesel technology, working on powerful engines to maintain their steady performance.
The Diesel program includes:
- Diesel Engines: Theory of operation, diagnosis, service, and repair of diesel engines, focusing on truck and automotive applications. Tune up and maintenance procedures will be covered using the specialized tools found in the diesel industry.
- Diesel Fuel Systems: Study fuel delivery systems and components, diesel air intake systems, injectors, and turbochargers. Disassemble, inspect, and reassemble various injector nozzles during practical shop work.
Collision Mechanic Program
When a vehicle has been in an accident, it needs repairs. When a vehicle needs repairs, that’s where collision repair technicians come into play.
The Collision Recondition Tehcnology program includes the following courses:
- Welding & Non-Structural Damage Repair
- Surface Preparation
- Structural Damage Repair
- Painting & Refinishing
- Cost Estimating & Damage Repair
Graduates of the collision program will be designated as I-CAR ProLevel Technicians, receiving certificates of recognition in various areas.
The Marine program incorporates technology and product familiarization of Mercury Marine, Honda Marine, and Yamaha Outboard, along with other manufacturers.
- Marine Electrical and Air Conditioning Systems
- Marine Mechanical Systems
- Marine Engine Performance
Fundamental principles of electricity, marine battery types, and marine safety equipment will be taught along with marine terminology and basic seamanship.
Apply to Our Trade School Today
We always look forward to hearing from our future students. If you have recently graduated high school, or are few years out of high school and haven’t quite found the career you’re looking for yet, ATC could be the solution.
For those who may not be satisfied with their current career, ATC offers a new way to look at life. If you have considered a career change at an auto mechanic school, now is the time to apply!
An Experienced Auto Training School for Over 100 Years
From humble beginnings, ATC began as a part of Spring Garden College in Philadelphia in 1917. The Exton campus was built in the early 1970s, while the Warminster campus was built in 2005. In 2017, we celebrated our 100th anniversary.
Over the years, we’ve made partnerships and relationships with many in the industry. One that we’re most proud of is our relationship with the Automobile Dealers Association of Greater Philadelphia.
Made up of over 200 car and truck franchises in the area, many graduates have been able to find work with these companies located across the Delaware Valley. This is a key advantage of our automotive training school and gives those who attend a potential career opportunity immediately after your schooling has finished.
About Lancaster PA
The county seat of Lancaster County, the city of Lancaster is a bustling place. From the Amish buggies to the farmlands nearby to the city life, contemporary art, and delicious restaurants, Lancaster is the kind of place people love to visit and rarely want to leave.
Whether you’re stopping by for the day or you live in Lancaster, you’ll see what makes it such a welcoming spot. It’s a wonderful place to raise a family, spend time with the kids, and take in the sights and sounds, including the clip-clop of the horses and buggies.
Take a Test Drive of Our School With a Campus Tour
Schedule an Automotive Training Center campus tour and have the chance to meet our ASE-certified instructors and staff today. As an auto technician school near Lancaster, PA, we’re committed to providing you with the education and experience needed to prepare for a career as an automotive technician.
Auto Technician Schools: