Car enthusiasts across the Northeast are gearing up for a full nine days of cool cars and auto concepts at the 2018 Philadelphia Auto Show. For diehard car buffs, and those new to the auto show atmosphere, this energizing indoor event has something for everyone.
With 115 years of successful and inspiring shows in the rearview, this year’s event offers more than ever for attendees of all ages. Continue reading for Automotive Training Center’s (ATC’s) sneak peek into the 2018 Philly Auto Show!
2018 Philly Auto Show: Important Info
Before we hop over to what this year has in store, we’re putting it in reverse for just a second, so you can take note of the basics for attending.
- When & Where: The Philly Auto Show will take place Saturday, January 27 through Sunday, February 4 at the Philadelphia Convention Center (1101 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107).
- Hours: Show hours will run Saturdays from 9 AM to 10 PM, Sunday, 1/28, from 9 AM to 8 PM, weekdays from noon to 10 PM, and Sunday, 2/4, from 9 AM to 6 PM.
- Tickets: Single day show tickets are just $14 for adults (ages 13 and up) and $7 for kids (ages 7-12).
- Black Tie Gala: Special tickets will be sold to attend the auto show’s annual preview on Friday, January 26 from 7 PM to 11:30 PM, known as the Black Tie Tailgate. Enjoy dinner and dancing among the show’s most divine vehicles.
- Why: A shared appreciation for today’s automotive industry brings the Philly Auto Show together, but there’s a lot more cause behind these cars!
For example, for every auto show ticket purchased, $2 is put toward the Auto Dealer’s CARing for Kids Foundation, providing winter coats to children in need. And, 100 percent of ticket proceeds from the Black Tie Tailgate benefit Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
Now, let’s take a closer look at what you have to look forward to when you attend:
Cars, Cars, Everywhere!
With over 600 vehicles from 40 manufacturers being showcased throughout show week, just thinking about the sheer number of shiny new concepts, classically restored antiques, and breathtaking exotic supercars that’ll be in attendance is a thrill.
This year you can look forward to checking out featured vehicles like the 2019 Subaru Ascent, the 2018 Lamborghini Aventador S, and the Vin Diesel’s 1967 Pontiac GTO used on-screen in filming the blockbuster film “xXx.”
Ride & Drive Opportunities
All these cars stationed around the convention center floor aren’t just for looking at. In addition to popping hoods and talking shop with manufacturer reps, the auto show’s Ride & Drive Zone provides you with daily chances to take a vehicle of your choice out around the block for a spin. Check out some of the cars you can test drive:
- The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk®
- The first-ever Toyota C-HR
- The 2018 BMW x5 40e
- And many more!
Music and Guest Appearances
Cars can be such a unifying force between us, and the 2018 Philadelphia Auto Show offers a number of exciting musicians, and meet and greet opportunities. Head to the Honda display at the following dates and times:
- 4 PM to 8 PM on Saturday, January 27: Hear local, up-and-coming hip-hop musician, Chill Moody, perform.
- 11 AM to 3 PM on Sunday, January 28: Meet and compete with NFL football player, Rodney McLeod, in a special football obstacle course.
- 11 AM to 3 PM on Saturday, February 3: Kick it with US women’s soccer star, Heather Mitts.
Our instructors and students here at ATC know we’re counting down the days to this long-awaited event. It’s truly one of our favorites!